Getting Started with personal fitness
The first and most important part of personal fitness is getting started. It doesn't matter how pumped or excited you are about getting into shape, if you can't get motivated to start, you won't get much out of your fitness program.
Once you start a fitness program, the best thing to do is
schedule a certain time of the day to work out and keep to this schedule. Nothing is worse for a fitness program than not knowing when you are going to work out. So make a schedule and stick to it no matter how hard it may be.
The longer you stick to this schedule the easier it will be and you will actually feel that something is not right when you miss a workout.
Starting a personal fitness
program can be as easy as getting up and going for a walk. One such resource for guidance on the benefits of walking can be found at
Health Benefits of Walking
. It may not seem like you are doing much just going for a walk but it's a start and it's better than sitting on the couch watching TV.
Once you have started walking and feel you need more, go for a short jog, then work into a longer jog, lift some weights, take an arobics class. Do something, anything, just get started.
Fitness tips for the beginner:
1. Start with setting realistic goals
2. Focus on feeling good instead of watching the bathroom scales
3. Never overwork your body, abuse it and you will suffer pain
4. Pair up when exercising for extra encouragement and safety
5. Eat healthily all of the time
6. Enjoy the high calorie foods in moderation
7. Do cardio at least 20 minutes a day 3 – 4 times per week
8. Exercise in a way that supports your day-to-day activities
9. If you are thinking of joining a gym, shop around, look at the facilities, ask questions and know the cost
Are you overweight - find out below.
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
Increase-Fitness.com is about "Increasing Overall Physical Fitness","Health Care" and "Wellnes" for everyone.This site provides important information and easy to follow tips which will help everyone to increase overall physical fitness and wellness.
The information leader in physical activity.
was created to provide a wealth of knowledge and advice on healthy living and self-healing thought for women. You will also find articles on health issues for children, men, and seniors.